PADDINGTON IV in a Dutch Canal in 2009

PADDINGTON IV in a Dutch Canal in 2009

Thursday 21 April 2011

The Off!

Thursday 21st April 2011
James & Carol just before departure from RHYC
 We left our Royal Harwich Yacht Club berth as planned at noon and motored into a light wind to Lowestoft.  The trip down the Orwell River was warm enough to sit in the cockpit and enjoy the sunshine, I was reminded of the first time I sat out in 2009 in late May or early June when we left Gdansk for Hel (Poland) and all of a sudden a Force 10 gale blew in causing damage to our genoa sail so we had to return to Gdansk for repairs - I called that trip to 'Hel and back' which was quite apt!  However, I am please to say we had no repeat of such a freak storm today and it was lovely gentle sea - just what I like, no need for seasickness tablets and it will be super if tomorrows trip across the North Sea to Ijmuiden is similar which according to all the forecasts it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment